Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday Night Frig Surprise!

Don't you love it when you open the refrigerator & think you have nothing?

So, I'll just start seeing what I can piece together I said to myself-found one of the best toss together, off the top of my head recipes ever!  

Takes about 5 minutes to make the marinade and 30 minutes - 24 hours to marinade, 30 minutes to bake and boil simultaneously!  Easy-Peasy!


If you love Salmon, flavor, rice, veggies, and beans read on!


Delicious on the grill or baked in a 350 oven for 30 minutes covered pan.


I had about 1 1/2 pounds of Salmon 
I set out the salmon while I'm making the marinade and whatever I'm tossing in the magic bullet - except the whole garlic gloves - I put directly on the salmon as the well.  


The Liquids & The Flavor!
4 tablespoons Honey, 1/4 c Soy, 1/4  cTeryhaki Sauce, 3 tablespoons chili thai sauce, 4 gloves of garlic, 1/4 c Olive oil, 1/2 a lemon's lemon juice, & 1 whole limes lime juice-I usually have fresh Ginger & pineapple chunks that I would put in this too, but I was out this night.  I put all of this in my Magic Bullet & let her whizz for about 30 seconds- (it's one of my favorite kitchen tools!)
Spices:  
Tumeric, Ginger, Cumin, Garlic Salt, white pepper, red pepper, cracked mixed peppercorns, ground mustard, dill, and curry.  I sprinkle these directly on the salmon meat and toss some in the bullet.  Whizz again about 10 seconds


Spray the bottom of a pan
pour a bit of olive oil, squeeze a little lemon juice in and drizzle a little honey in the bottom, the drizzle a bit of the magic bullet juice in 
Pop the Salmon in 
top with about 2/3 of the marinade. 
Set aside to soak up from 30 minutes to 24 hours 


Take out 
Toss in oven or on grill 


Served with it - 
1/3 cup dry jasmine rice 
1 can no salt black beans in their wonderful juice 
the 1/3 left over unused magic bullet of marinade
about 3/4 cup of water 
paprika, tumeric, cumin, curry, ground mustard, white pepper, red pepper, cracked black pepper, garlic salt to taste,
Soy and terykahki to taste 
A couple handfuls diced meat of your choosing - Tonight I used a seafood combo I buy at Sams.  It has crab, fish, shrimp, octopus, squid, mussles, & oysters!  It's frozen so i just grab out probably close to 1 1/2-2 cups.  I've used diced chicken breast or chopped up polish/smoked sausage :) or all together mmhhhmm 


Spray bottom & sides of a sauce pan 
put over med-high heat 
add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the water & the dry rice, bring to a boil 
boil soft boil for 5 minutes 
add beans, marinade, sauces & spices, stirring well reboil 
Put a tight fitting lid on and lower heat to a simmer 5 minutes 
Add in the meat stir replace lid and continuing simmering for about 10-20 minutes until most of the juice is soaked up I usually check and stir while I'm now working on veggies - you don't want it to stick.  


I served with Snow peas, red onions, diced carrots and freshly diced sweet peppers orange, yellow and red!  


If you time it just right and are lucky the salmon and beans get done about the same time - I usually put the beans on when I put the salmon in the oven.  




When they come out let sit for about 5 minutes and serve with veggies!


We had dinner for two - then took two more dinners that were left overs and tossed it in a casserole dish and will warm up and eat up after our travels today! 
DIVINE! 


Speaking of De-Vine.....
Today a group of my friends and I are are traveling to Smithville, Missouri to visit Ladoga Ridge Winery.  The are having a release party for their Choco-Cherry Kiss Wine!  It should be a great time!  Though I've only been "blogging in" on Saturdays - Sunday night post- SuperBowl I may have to share the weekends festivities while the friendships and memories are fresh in my mind. 


Here's to a wonderful weekend to you all, if you try the recipe let me know what you think - I hope you enjoy as much as we do!



















1 comment:

  1. That sounds really good. I might have to show that to Dutch. Wish I could join ya'll at Ladoga but I don't want to push it with the cold and give it to you all. I'm almost over it, but I could see still being contagious. Lol. I'm sure you all will have a great time! Lemme know how great that ChocoCherry turns out! : )..

    ReplyDelete