Monday, January 16, 2012

Key Ingredients for a Great Day

Take a friend from your teen years, take a friend from work, mix in some wine, cheese, chocolate, & berries and mix it all up.  Plan for a new adventure - we went somewhere two of us had never been before.  Result:  A fabulous afternoon.  
  We went to Fence Stiles Winery in Excelsior Springs and picnicked!  http://www.fencestile.com/
Who can do that in January in Kansas City?  WE DID!  Mother Nature was wonderful contributing 60 degree weather to our  day.  The hosts of the winery were friendly and knowledgeable of their wine and suggested some other wineries in the area we might enjoy ... Once I find out where Rayville is we will plan a trip there as well.    My favorite wine of the day was the Sweet Enchantment.  A delightful red wine that reminds me of Welches Grape Jelly (though no peanut butter will be added). I also enjoyed their Vidal Blanc & The Enticement-which is a sparkling wine that bubbled and begged to be poured.  
  The laughter was contagious - long before the wine was poured.  The snacks were delightful & the friends made the day.  These two gals make me laugh at the drop of a hat.  I think sometimes we moms forget that we have to take care of ourselves, so last year I set a goal to reach and restablish old friendships and to identify some likely canidates for new friendships.  I struck silver and gold with these two.  You know the old song, "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold."  Friendships are so important; they nurture our souls and let us know we are not crazy or small minded.  They reaffirm us.  How lucky I am to have these gals in my corner!  Thanks for a fabulous day ladies!  

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I am so glad to have gotten to know you outside of work as well! Trust me, we might make you laugh, but you were right in there, making us laugh as well! We make a great group, especially when you throw Sarah, Jeff, Stephanie, Keia and Tamara in the mix! Here's to more winery (and Hat) fun! : )..

    ReplyDelete